Victoria Inyama has advised ladies to dress appropriately so as to avoid being raped. The former Nollywood actress, in a new post on her Instagram page, shared her thoughts on the rape situation in the country and how women can better protect themselves.
Inyama insisted that her post wasn’t about bashing women but since the Nigerian government is yet to take rape cases seriously, women, excluding minors, aged and vulnerable ones should dress how they would like to be addressed.
Talking on the matter in a video she shared, she wrote alongside it,
Appropriate Dressing & Comportment
It’s obvious to me that the Nigerian government is not really ready to put a fixed penalty to Rape and so l beg my ladies (minus the minors or aged victims) to plsssss 👗 dress in appropriate clothing so as to reduce the trigger for the perpetrators……A lot of these Perpetrators have underlying mental health issues & being around them in certain clothing is a trigger…..sadly the victim still gets to be shamed & ridiculed, so since this government is Not ready to do much, it would be wise to safeguard yourself.
Yes it’s not about the dressing some will say & compare with Europe & America but remember they take Rape cases seriously unlike Nigerian…..Think about it🤔
- Indecent dressing is not an invitation for rape – Actor Yul Edochie
- Lagos records 3 coronavirus deaths
- “Marital rape exists, I have experienced it” – Victoria Inyama
- How The Lockdown Increased The Number Of R*pe Cases – Women Affairs Minister Speaks
- Yvonne Jegede, Uche Ogbodo and others, call out man who said he will continue raping women