Nigerians actors have been thrown into mourning as Osuntohun of Koto Orun fame dies
Yoruba actress, Alhaja Musiliat Arikeusola, popular known as Osuntohun has died at her home after an undisclosed ailment.
The 67-year old thespian reportedly died on Friday morning in her house at Ijetu area, Osogbo, Osun State. Secretary of Theatre Arts and Motion Pictures Practitioners Association of Nigeria in Osun State, Ademola Adedokun, confirmed her demise to Saturday PUNCH. Osuntohun, who became popular playing roles of esoteric being in late Yekinni Ajileye’s Koto Orun series and other Ajileye productions of the 90’s, was an Osun worshiper and had struggled with an undisclosed ailment for some years.
A statement by Adedokun, described the late Osuntohun as “passionate and committed actress who gave her best to the vocation.” According to him, apart from her appearances in Koto Orun, Aye Akamora, Koto Aye, all produced by late Ajileye, Osuntohun also produced movies like ‘Omi Ipin,’ ‘Imi Esin’ and ‘Ogun Omo Iya le’, which Adedokun said was her last work.
- Governor Wike’s Special Assistant On Electronic Media, Nwakaudu Is Dead
- Passenger coughs and dies at checkpoint in Osun/Oyo boundary
- Buhari’s powerful nephew, Mamman Daura reportedly flown abroad for urgent treatment
- Police reportedly detain #EndSARS protest WhatsApp group administrators
- Drama As Police Arrest EndSARS WhatsApp Group Administrators In Osun