The massive explosion that hit Beirut Lebanon has shocked many across the globe, as it left a huge damage on the capital city.
Here is a shocking before and after image of Beirut port. The image would leave you shocked at the level of damage done by the blast.
At least 10 bodies have been taken to hospitals with hundreds of people wounded in a huge blast that ripped through Lebanon’s capital, Beirut.
We had earlier shared a video of the horrifying moment the huge explosion ripped through Beirut.
The powerful blast on Tuesday shook several parts of Beirut, sending huge plumes of smoke into the sky.
A Lebanese security source and a medical source told Reuters that at least 10 bodies have been taken to hospitals following the massive explosion in Beirut’s port area.
“I was kilometres away; the glass broke everywhere around me,” said Al Jazeera’s Zeina Khodr, reporting from Beirut.
“The explosion was felt across the city,” she added. “There is chaos in the streets.”
Local media showed people trapped beneath rubble. A witness described the first explosion as deafening. Video footage showed wrecked cars and blast-damaged buildings.
Beirut is the capital and largest city of Lebanon. No recent population census has been conducted, but 2007 estimates ranged from slightly more than 1 million to 2.2 million as part of Greater Beirut, which makes it the third-largest city in the Levant region and the fifteenth-largest in the Arab world.
See the striking and touching image of Beirut port before and after the blast;
- What caused Beirut explosion that killed at least 100 people? (Video)
- ‘I Thought I Was Going To Die’ – Nigerian Footballer Living In Beirut Talks About The Explosion
- 25 Passengers On Flight From Kano To Beirut Test Positive For Coronavirus
- Cleaner discovers Dead body abandoned in Lekki Tollgate area , days after shooting
- Nigerian Ladies Stranded In Lebanon, Cry Out For Help To Return Home (Video)