Kaosiso Ezibe, the Nigerian lady who was arrested and standing trial in Canada over and alleged $291,000 online scam in 2019 has been acquitted by a Canadian court.
The 24-year-old lady based in Vaughan, Canada was charged after a woman reported a scam case claiming she was defrauded by someone she met online.
Police say that a 60-year-old woman met someone claiming to be a wealthy architect living in Toronto through an online dating website.
Between February and March, the woman allegedly started an online relationship with the architect, conversing through emails, text messages and phone calls.
According to police, the wealthy architect was a fabricated identity. Following this, a suspect was identified by the police force. This suspect is Kaosiso Ezibe.
Ezibe was taken into custody and was charged with fraud, laundering and possessing proceeds of a crime.
Kaosiso Ezibe has, however, been pronounced discharged and acquitted of the said crime after months of legal battle.
- 32-year-old Man arrested after raping over 40 women, including an 80-yr-old lady in Kano
- Police Arrests 50-Year-Old Man For Allegedly Raping His Daughter For 8 Years In Lagos
- Drama As Terminally-Ill Man Calls Police To Confess To A Murder He Committed 25 Years Ago
- Married Man and Wife Burn Sidechic Alive After She Refused to Abort the Man’s Baby (Photos)
- Police arrest 21-year-old man for allegedly sodomizing underaged boys in Anambra