The frog was eaten alive by the snakes
A little frog has been eaten alive after it was cornered by two hungry grass snakes.
The moment was captured on camera.
Despite frantic attempts to fight them off and hop away, the frog was eventually eaten by the hungry serpents. The grass snake is often green and yellow in colour and is particularly fond of wetland habitats.
The reptiles, which have an average life span of 15-20 years, typically hunt amphibians, fish, small mammals and birds. Female snakes will lay between 10 to 40 eggs in rotting vegetation.
When under threat, the grass snake will often ‘play dead’ and under some conditions hiss and release a foul-smelling substance. Grass snakes often live in England and Wales, but are absent from Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Isles of Scilly.
- Moment huge snake is pulled from woman’s throat after it crawled in while she slept (Video)
- Man woke to find 4ft python had crawled into his bed
- Davido Fights Dirty With Twitter Troll Who Accused Him Of Having Frog Voice
- Meet 14-year-old Indonesian girl who owns six huge pythons as pet (Photos)
- Genevieve Nnaji blasted over her comment on Uwa and Tina murders