Following the arrest of controversial singer , Naira Marley for flouting the interstate travel ban in June, 2020, the Lagos State Special Offences (Mobile) Court, Oshodi has however fined him N100, 000.
The singer and his manager had on June 8 this year, travelled from Lagos to Abuja and back to Lagos for a drive-through concert in Abuja. He was arraigned before the court by the state police command today August 6.
A statement from the spokesperson of the state police command, Bala Elkana, said Naira Marley was arraigned alongside his Manager Seyi Awouga on a one-count charge of ”breach of the cessation of movement and interstates travel order made by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria under Regulation 4(i) of the Lagos State Infectious Disease Emergency Prevention) Regulation No 2 of 2020 and committed an offence punishable under Section 58 Public Health Law, Ch. P16, Laws of Lagos State 2015”
When the charge was read to them, Naira Marley and his manager pleaded guilty and were awarded a fine of one hundred thousand naira each by the presiding Magistrate.
- What Naira Marley Has To Say About The Police After His Court Saga
- COVID-19: Nigerians React As Naira Marley Holds Concert In Abuja Despite Flight Ban
- Naira Marley is truly the Fela of our time – Reno Omokri
- “We need to stop Naira Marley from leading the youths astray” – Nigerian TV Presenter Drags Naira Marley on National TV
- Naira Marley: We Thought Our Passenger Was Babatunde Fashola, We Didn’t Know They Were Useless People – Airline Owner