Nollywood actor, Chris Bassey has stated that homosexuality has displaced sex-for-role requests in Nollywood.
In an interview with The Sun, the actor revealed that sex-for-roles requests have become a things of the past as many stakeholders now request for same-sex intimacy before their victim is given a role in any movie.
“The industry is not the way it used to be because now the rate people engage in homosexuality is too high. But then, when a lady presents herself to a man and say ‘I want you to help me, this is what I can do’.
“There is a way a lady will present herself and the man will listen to her, but not when you want a role or someone to help you, you are going the other way round.
“Yes, sex-for-role happened in those days, but I believe not anymore. Gone are the days when you for had to sleep with someone to get a role, it doesn’t happen again. Even if it does, the percentage is very, very low.
“These days, you have directors that have their own academies, they want people to register under them and possibly from there, they can get roles. So, I don’t think sex-for-role is still happening.”
- “Stop giving me only gateman role” – Actor, Jigan begs filmmakers
- Hanks Anuku Death rumor: I shall not die – Actor reacts
- Alexx Ekubo gifts his mum a car (Photos)
- ‘The quality of our home videos has dropped so much with lots of crappy actors and directors’ – Actor Yul Edochie
- Shock As Nigerian Actor, Uche Maduagwu Claims He Was R*ped By A Nollywood Star On His First Movie Location