Buhari meeting with governors over security
President Muhammadu Buhari is currently meeting state governors from the North-East and security chiefs to discuss extensively on the insecurity issue in Nigeria.
According to Punch, the meeting, holding inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja, is part of the efforts to curtail the spate of insecurity in that part of the country.
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo; the National Security Adviser, Major General Babagana Monguno (retd); and the Chief of Staff, Prof. Ibrahim Gambari, are in attendance.
Governors in attendance include Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum; Ahmadu Fintri of Adamawa; Bala Mohammed of Bauchi; Inuwa Yahaya of Gombe; Darius Ishaku of Adamawa; and Mai Mala Buni of Yobe.
The Chief of Defence Staff, General Gabriel Olonisakin, Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai, Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok Ekwe Ibas, Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, and the Director-General, Department of State Services, Yusuf Bichi, are also in attendance.
Also present are the Director-General, National Intelligence Agency, Ahmed Rufa’i; the Minister of Defence, Bashir Magashi; and the Minister of Police Affairs, Mohammad Dingyadi.
- BREAKING: Buhari Presides Over Security Council Meeting
- SGF Officially Announces Gambari As New Chief Of Staff To Buhari
- “Your excuses will no longer be tolerated” – President Buhari warns Service Chiefs
- Photo: Buhari Formally Swears In Gambari As His CoS
- South West governors and monarchs back FG’s plan to regulate social media