Yahaya Aminu Sharif’s house destroyed
A Kano Upper Shari’a Court sitting at Hausawa Filin Hockey in has sentenced a 22-year old man to death.
The court said Yahaya Aminu Sharif will die by hanging for blaspheming against Prophet Muhammad.
Mr Sharif, a resident of Sharifai in Kano metropolis was accused of committing blasphemy against the prophet in a song he circulated via WhatsApp in March 2020.
Following the incidence, protestors burnt down the singer’s family home and led a procession to the Kano Hisbah Command’s headquarters.
According to the report, the court has also sentenced one Umar Farouq of Sharada area of Kano metropolis to 10 years imprisonment for making derogatory statements concerning the Almighty Allah in a public argument.
- Blasphemy: Boko Haram leader,Shekau reportedly release audio faulting death sentence passed on singer in Kano
- Kano singer sentenced to death can appeal at supreme court – Ganduje
- Governor Ganduje Breaks Silence On Death Sentence Given To Musician In Kano
- 13-year-old boy, sentenced to 10 years imprisonment for blasphemy over argument he had with his friend in Kano
- Shari’ah council asks Kano government to execute singer accused of blasphemy