Ondo State deputy governor, Agboola Ajayi, has resigned his membership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Agboola Ajayi defected from the APC to the PDP earlier this year due to his running battle with his principal and governor of the state, Rotimi Akeredolu. He contested for the PDP governorship ticket but lost to Eyitayo Jegede.
Agboola confirmed his resignation in a statement released by his Special Assistant on Media, Allen Sowore. In the letter, he appreciated the national leadership and members of the party for their warm reception and acceptance in the short period he rejoined the party.
The statement said the decision is as a result of the people of Ogun state calling on hm to aspire to govern the State.
The Chairman of the PDP in Apoi Ward II of Ese-Odo Local Government Area, Festus Oboro acknowledged receipt of the resignation letter on the 9th of August, 2020.
There are rumors he will officially defect to the Zenith Labour Party, ZLP this week in his bid to fly the party’s flag in the October 10 Governorship election of the state. The leader of ZLP in the State is former Governor Olusegun Mimiko.
- Akeredolu’s Deputy Blows Hot, Insists He Will Not Resign After Defecting To PDP
- The Hilarious Resignation Letter From An APC Ward Chairman In Edo
- Don’t Waste Lagos Funds On Edo, Ondo Elections, PDP Warns Sanwo-Olu
- Ondo Chief Judge Rejects Impeachment Move Against Deputy Governor
- “If Akeredolu Is Not Careful, I Will Enter Ondo” – Nyesom Wike Threatens