55-year-old Stephen Gallagher, has been jailed for life for stabbing his father, 76-year-old Thomas, to death in an argument over their broadband speed connection.
On September 10, 2019, the pair were arguing over WIFI speed when the brutal attack happened. Thomas Gallagher had walked away from his son before Stephen told him to “die” as he pleaded for his life
‘He irritates me when he ignores me during an argument. He walked away and slammed the door so I rushed upstairs and grabbed the knife.
Stephen Gallagher grabbed the phone away from his father Thomas, smashed the phone on the floor, and stabbed him more than a dozen times.
He stabbed his father in the chest, neck, back, and hands during the chilling attack.
Gallagher then called 999 and confessed what had taken place to the phone operator, and went into “some detail”, prosecutor Mark Wyeth told the court.
‘I could see he was in pain and he said ‘Steve’ – I wanted to finish him off stabbed him again and told him to die.’
Paul Lewis QC, defending, said:
‘It is beyond comprehension that what started as an argument over such a trivial matter as the internet provider at their home could result in this tragic murder.
‘There was an argument between father and son. What began as a trivial argument led to the defendant go to his bedroom and retrieving the knife.’
Sentencing him at Swansea Crown Court, the judge handed him a life sentence with a minimum of 13 years and four months and said he would not be eligible to be considered for release until 2033.
“As you know, you may, in fact, never be released,” he added.
- Woman stabs boyfriend because he texted instead of calling on her birthday
- Woman Goes Wild, Stabs Her Boyfriend’s Alleged Side Chic To Death (Photo)
- Nigerian Woman Kills Her Own Mother After Catching Her Sleeping With Her Husband
- A girl stabbed her best friend in the back after fearing she would steal boyfriend (graphic photo)
- Imam’s son arrested for allegedly stabbing his friend to death over a stolen phone