Face mask are not quite expensive, but a wealthy businessman has raised the bar after commissioning what should be the most expensive face mask in the world today.
The gold COVID-19 face mask is reported to be worth $1.5 million.
The 18-karat white gold face covering will be encrusted with 3,600 white and black diamonds.
The designer and owner of the jewellers Isaac Levy said the client in China gave him three specific criteria that needed to be met with the mask.
Speaking to ABC News, Mr Levy said:
“The first one, it must be a N99 approved by the FDA and the European standards.
“The second condition was that it will be delivered before 31 December this year and the third condition, which was the easiest to fulfill, was that it will be the most expensive mask in the world.”
“Personally, I would not walk with a mask like this. I think that we all should wear the same regular N95 mask.
“Money maybe doesn’t buy everything, but if it can buy a very expensive Covid-19 mask and the guy wants to wear it and walk around and get the attention, he should be happy with that.
“I am happy that this mask gave us enough work for our employees to be able to provide them jobs in very challenging times like these times right now.”
It’s safe to say that the issue of face coverings has divided opinion over the last few months, with some claiming they’re an affront to their human rights while others have happily worn them.
In a bid to demonstrate their safety, Tom Lawton an ICU doctor in Bradford Royal Infirmary ran 22 miles to work and back while wearing a face mask to prove that it doesn’t affect a person’s oxygen levels.
- Walmart And Other Major Retailers Will No Longer Enforce Mask Policies For Fear Of Staff Being Attacked By Angry Customers
- Pastor Chris Okotie opposes usage of face-mask in church, says it denies the finished work of the cross
- Police to begin massive arrest of face mask violators in Lagos
- Health Minister gives update on the Benue COVID-19 index case, says she has refused for NCDC to carry out another test on her (video)
- Police officers beat up soldier for refusing to wear face mask in Benin