The United Kingdom has officially gone into recession for the first time after 11 years following a 20.4% fall in Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
The corona virus pandemic, lock-down is said to be the cause of this pandemic.
According to the Office of National statistic statistical report released on Wednesday the economy is yet to recover from the sharp fall seen in the second quarter of the year from April to June , during the stay-at-home measures put in place, to control the spread of the virus.
The last time UK experienced recession was the great recession of 2008, which lasted for five quarters and affected many sectors of the economy, which included banks and investment firms, and many established businesses had to close up.
- Lockdown won’t go longer than necessary – President Buhari assures Nigerians
- 42% of Nigerians lost their jobs due to COVID-19 – NBS
- UK coronavirus lockdown extended for three weeks
- We can control the virus if the rich provide the poor with enough food – Comedian, AY
- ATMs Are Spreading Coronavirus In Nigeria – Health Officers Warn