36-year-old man has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for raping an 11-year-old girl
The man identified as Ugochukwu Obiakor was on Wednesday August 12, sentenced to 25 years in prison by an Abeokuta high court, for raping an 11-year-old girl.
Presiding the case was Justice Mosunmola Dipeolu who after the man pleaded not guilty to the one-count charge against him, held that the evidence presented before the court by the prosecution was tenable and found the convict guilty as charged.
Before the sentence, James Mafe, the prosecution counsel and director of legal drafting in Ogun state told the court that the convict committed the offence on September 4, 2017, at Omu-Aleku village in Mowe area of the state.
The convict reportedly came to the victim’s mother’s shop to make a purchase, but came back when the mother left the shop. Obiakor pretended that the victim’s mother owed him some money and dragged the girl to an uncompleted building beside the shop where he raped her after opening the shop’s iron railings.
Justice Dipeolu consequently sentenced Obiakor to 25 years imprisonment with hard labour.
- Man who raped 7-year-old girl, jailed of 9 years in Edo
- ‘I Raped 8-year-old Girl Out Of Love I Have For Her’ – 70-year-old Man Confesses (Photo)
- 39-year-old man to die by hanging for killing lover
- 20-year-old man sentenced to 2 years imprisonment for raping eight-year-old girl in Ogun
- Ondo teacher sentenced to life imprisonment for defilement