The baby rescued from a septic tank at a hospital in Abeokuta
According to a Daily Trust report, the members of the Cherubim and Seraphim Church, Oloomore, Abeokuta North Local Government, Ogun State, on Saturday rescued a two-day-old baby dumped in an empty septic tank by a person yet to be identified.
The worshippers said they were attending a Friday vigil when they heard the persistent cry of a baby from an abandoned property close to a bush.
It was learnt that some security men attached to the church started combing the area early Saturday searching for the source of the cry.
“We discovered that the cry was coming from inside an abandoned septic tank near the church. The baby had cried helplessly for nearly 24 hours before he was found. Efforts to track the child’s mother have not been successful,” one of the guards, Segun Kazeem, said.
The Councillor representing the area, Ayoola Kabir, was contacted and he made arrangements to take the baby to the hospital for medical check-up.
- Photo Of Newborn Baby Rescued After Being Abandoned Inside A Gutter By The Mother In Anambra (Photo)
- Police Rescue New Born Baby Abandoned In Uncompleted Building
- Police rescue baby girl dumped inside a bush in Anambra
- Father hides his 3-week-old baby in a bag and dumps in canal
- Man Rescues An Abandoned Baby While ‘Other People Were Busy Taking Pictures’