The convict was arrested by the men of the state police command for committing the crime at Iju town, in the Akure North Local Government Area of the state in 2018 .
The victim was said to be a daughter of the founder of a church which the paedophile attended in the community .
Prior to the judgment, it was gathered that the convict had been facing the trial for over two years while witnesses had been called by the court to testify on the matter in the court.
After the series of arguments from both prosecuting and defence counsels , the trial judge, Justice Samuel Bola, while delivering his judgment, said the defendant was unable to prove his innocence in the matter beyond reasonable doubt .
He also held that Adanlawo failed to give convincing evidence and testimony to prove his innocence . He sentenced the defendant to life imprisonment .
The judgment came few days after a state high court, presided over by Justice Bode Adegbehingbe sentenced a tricycle rider, Blessing Kingsley , to life imprisonment for committing a similar offence in Ondo town .
- Former Exxon Mobil Engineer Bags 15 Years In Jail For R*ping His Tenant’s 14-Year-Old Niece
- Court Sentence Man To 7 years In Jail For Defrauding Diamond Bank Of N30m
- Father Who Has Been Sleeping With Daughter Since She Was 10 Sentenced to Life Imprisonment In Akure
- Man sentenced to death for raping 2-year-old girl to death
- Man who raped 11-year-old girl sentenced to 25 years in prison in Abeokuta