A young Nigerian man identified as Kolade Emmanuel Balogun, has been convicted for offences bordering on internet fraud after going guilty.
The charge against the suspect read;
“That you, KOLADE BALOGUN (a.k.a Willam Davis, alias Behemoth) sometime in March 2020 or thereabout at Ilorin, Kwara State within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court attempted to commit an offence of cheating by impersonation, pretending and representing yourself to be a white man called Willam Davis, alias Behemoth to an unsuspected white woman on dating site called Seeking Arrangement as it is contained in your Gmail account: [email protected] and thereby committed an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 95 of the Penal Code Law of Northern Nigeria.”
Balogun was found guilty of the charges against him after being arraigned before Justice Sikiru Oyinloye of Kwara State High Court sitting in Ilorin.
The Judge who sentenced the convict on Thursday August 13 after he pleaded guilty to the charge against him, said he should pay a fine of N50,000 and control traffic at a junction behind the Kwara State Ministry of Physical Planning for three months commencing from August 17 to October 17, 2020.
He also ordered that other items like phones and laptops recovered from him, should be forfeited to the Federal Government.
- Unilorin student To Clear Drainage For 3 Months Over Romance Scam.
- Man who uses his wife’s gown to impersonate lawyers bags three year jail sentence
- Man who raped 11-year-old girl sentenced to 25 years in prison in Abeokuta
- Former Exxon Mobil Engineer Bags 15 Years In Jail For R*ping His Tenant’s 14-Year-Old Niece
- Update: Naira Marley pleads guilty in court, fined N100k