The Bayelsa Governorship Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja has nullified the election of Governor Duoye Diri.
The verdict was given on Monday, according to a report by Punch.
The Justice Mohammed Sirajo-led three-man panel ruled that the election was unlawful due to the exclusion of Advanced Nigeria Democratic Party and its candidate, King George, from the November 16, 2019 governorship election.
The tribunal ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission to conduct a bye-election within 90 days.
- Appeal Court Reverses Diri’s Sack As Bayelsa Governor
- INEC Reacts To Removal Of Diri As Governor Of Bayelsa State
- Breaking News: Tribunal Affirms Yahaya Bello’s Election, Dismisses Wada, PDP’s Petition
- I Will Speak At The Right Time On Edo Election Defeat – Tinubu
- We Will Replicate Edo Election Victory In Lagos – PDP