Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai on Sunday insisted that nothing is going to stop him from giving his support for the south to produce the president in 2023.
El-Rufai, who spoke on Channels TV’s Sunday Politics, said based on arrangement, after President Muhammadu Buhari, the presidency should shift to the South.
According to him, even the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, had that arrangement of power rotation, which was why after former President Olusegun Obasanjo, late Umaru Yar’Adua came to power.
He said he did not say he would not support a northern or southern candidate, but that it is just a fact that power had to shift to the south in 2023, even though there was no such power sharing in the APC’s constitution.
“After Buhari, what is honourable is for the northern politicians to put their support for southern candidate. I don’t believe in zoning but that is my opinion. We have this arrangement, we should maintain it.
“I don’t believe any part of Nigeria has a monopoly to power. We have an understanding, let us stick to it. In 1998, this nation has a consensus that power should go to the southwest.
“In 2023, I believe that all parties should present candidates from the south,” he stated.
- El-Rufai Confused About Kaduna Killings, We Need Community Policing–President, Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, Shettima
- Abba Kyari: President Buhari reportedly appoints Babagana Kingibe as new Chief of Staff
- BREAKING: ‘You Acted Against The Constitution’ – Court Faults Buhari On Appointment Of Judges
- President Buhari Is The Man Of The Moment For The Igbos And The Entire South-East – Billionaire Oil Magnate, Arthur Eze
- BREAKING: Names Of Eight New Supreme Court Justices Confirmed By Senate