A South African woman took to Twitter to accuse her pastor and ex-boyfriend of rape after she said she didn’t get any support from her church.
Zinchle named the pastor and the church. She said when they began dating, she made it clear that she didn’t want to have sex before marriage. She was still a virgin at the time and her boyfriend agreed.
However, one night, when she stayed over at his house, he allegedly raped her.
She gave details of how the rape happened. She added that she reported the incident to the church but nothing was done. She also opened a case but the prosecutor asked why she wants to arrest her pastor.
She concluded that “communities, law, churches” fail women when it comes to gender based violence.
Read her thread below;
- #JusticeforUWA: Her father did not report rape to the police, it was only Assault Occassioning Harm – Edo Police spokesperson
- Their days are numbered – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome blasts church leaders who approved the new guidelines for reopening of churches (video)
- Pastors are not ordinary people, anyone who assaults a pastor is in danger – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
- Coronavirus: ‘Don’t expect relief materials from the church, you gave your offerings to God and not your Pastor’ – Pastor Amoateng
- Another student raped and murdered inside church in Ibadan