Pope Francis has sounded a note of warning over COVID-19 vaccine.
He warned against prioritizing the rich for coronavirus vaccine.
He spoke on Wednesday during his weekly interaction with public audience, Dpa reports.
The pontiff added that charity efforts were not enough to help the poor.
He called for a fairer economic development model that would address the root causes of inequality.
“The pandemic is a crisis. You don’t come out of it the same – either better or worse. We must come out better.”
Francis advised the world not to return to social injustice and degradation of the natural environment.
The religious leader stressed that COVID-19 should serve as an opportunity to build a greener society.
“We are all worried for the social consequences of the pandemic, all of us. Many want to go back to normal and resume economic activities”, the Pope said.
- “Forced COVID-19 vaccine will not work” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
- #EndSARS: Pope Francis prays for peace and justice in Nigeria
- President Muhammadu Buhari Welcomes The 90% Effective Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine
- Put Religious Leaders In COVID-19 Committees, — Pastor Adeboye
- Coronavirus vaccine might come sooner than expected – Bill Gates