The 5 soldiers abducted during the Boko Haram attack on convoy of Borno Governor, Professor Zulum, have been reportedly discovered slaughtered.
Reports have it that no less than 30 persons including 10 policemen and 4 soldiers were reportedly killed in the attack that happened along Cross Kauwa-Baga road in Borno State.
According to security sources, the 5 deceased soldiers were abducted by the insurgents in an Armored Personnel Carrier, APC, and they were later slaughtered and dumped in the bush, The Vanguard reports.
The source disclosed that the death toll from the attack has continued to rise as more bodies including the slaughtered soldiers were recovered in a search and rescue operation, which was still ongoing at press time.
Photos of soldiers, policemen, CJTF injured, killed in Boko Haram attack on Gov. Zulum’s convoy emerge online
Meanwhile, a Commander of the Civilian JTF, Muazu Alhaji Misiya on Sunday, September 27, posted photos of the security operatives killed and wounded in the attack.
However, Nigerian Army in a statement by the Coordinator Defence Media Operations, Major General John Enenche, maintained only 18 security operatives, including 10 policemen, four soldiers and four civilians were killed in the ambush at Barwati village along Baga/Monguno road.
- Again, Boko Haram Terrorists Attack Borno Governor’s Convoy
- UPDATED: Death Toll In Governor Zulum’s Convoy Attack Rises To 30
- Seven policemen and three soldiers killed as Boko haram terrorists attack Borno Governor, Babagana Zulum’s convoy
- Boko Haram Kills 11 Soldiers In Fresh Ambush
- Horror! Boko Haram Terrorists Overrun Military Base In Borno, Kill Five Soldiers, Injure Others