Reno Omokri has praised singer Naira Marley, as he called him “ Fela of our time” after the singer was asked to cancel his protest against SARS by the Nigerian police.
Reno on Twitter, said Nigerian police is now begging Naira not to lead a protest because he is Late Fela of the new generation.This came after Naira Marley, announced he was going to lead a protest on Tuesday, October 6, but later cancelled the campaign.
The Nigerian IGP on social media, pleaded with him not to lead the protest, as they revealed they were working hard to address police brutality in the country.
“Naira Marley is truly the Fela of our time. Man not only went to prison and came back but now the Nigerian police is begging him not to lead a protest + having an IG Live with him by 11am. Naira Marley aka The people’s president! Marlians!”
- End Sars: “The problem is not ending SARS” – Naira Marley speaks out in new video
- “Thursday Is Thursday” – Runtown insists he’ll lead #EndSARS protest
- “This #EndSARS can end in revolution” – Naira Marley
- #EndSARS: “Some of you will remain followers and never become a leader” – Naira Marley finally speaks after calling off protest
- Olamide: “I would have joined #EndSARS protest if I was in Nigeria”