Burna Boy and Rema have been nominated for the 2020 MTV EMA awards under the Best African Act category.
BET Awards 2020 winner and Grammy nominee, Burna Boy has once again been nominated in the Best African Act, a category he won in 2019. Other African singers in the category include, Master KG, Kabza de Small and DJ Maphorisa (South Africa), Sheebah (Uganda), Gaz Mawete (Democratic Republic of The Congo and Rema (Nigeria).
Burna Boy reacted to his nomination saying;
“A big thank you to my MTV family for nominating me again for this award and to my fans all over the world for listening to and supporting my music.“
Monde Twala, Senior Vice President and General Manager of ViacomCBS Networks Africa, said
“The 2020 MTV EMAs is one of the biggest entertainment stages in the world and this year’s African nominees are undoubtedly making their presence felt globally. This affirms our commitment to ensuring that we continue to celebrate our diverse talent on international platforms. Congratulations to all our African nominees on this achievement.”
Marking the 27th edition of one of the biggest nights in global music, the “2020 MTV EMAs” will unite fans at home with the world’s hottest names in music. Details on performers and presenters will be announced soon.
- Burna Boy reveals he felt “totally sick” when he lost at the 62nd Grammy Awards
- Ghana Music Award: Burna Boy wins Best International Artiste
- Fans Excited As Wizkid Hints Collaboration With Burna Boy (Photos)
- #BETAwards 2020: Rema loses out to Sha sha
- Rema, Burna Boy nominated for 2020 BET Awards (See full nominees list)