Nigerian rapper, Olawale Hassan also known as Goldie 1 has been jailed for more than 10 years in the United Kingdom for raping a woman.
According to BirminghamMail, he made advances to the woman at a venue in Southend in February 2017.
The 34-year-old said he would get her home safely but instead drove her to a car park where he overpowered her and ignored her requests for him to stop.
Det Con Victoria De’ath, of the force, praised the woman, in her 20s, for her “courage” in reporting the attack.
“She blamed herself for getting in Hassan’s car, but has now recognised just how dangerous this man is and that none of this is her fault,” said Det Con De’ath.
“She didn’t want him to hurt anyone else and this has been her motivation for three and-a-half years.”
Hassan was found guilty at Basildon Crown Court of three counts of rape and one of sexual assault, the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said.
He was sentenced to jail on Tuesday, October 6, 2020, for 10 years and two months.
- Nigerian couple bags 19 years in jail for sexually and physically abusing a girl and a boy in the U.K
- Panic As Somali Regional Minister Is Shot Dead By Unknown Gunmen
- Shocking Story Of Nigerian Man Who R*ped A 73-Year-Old Woman In Ireland
- British-Ghanaian rapper, Solo 45, jailed for 24 years for 21 rapes and assaulting four women held against their will
- UK Rapper Solo 45 Sentenced To 24 Years In Prison On 21 Rape Counts!!