The Nigeria Police Force has reacted to the shocking video which showed a Divisional Police Officer (DPO), bringing out his pistol to shoot protesters in Owerri, Imo State.
He also physically assaulted some protesters.
There has been a nation wide protest, as youths from different states stage protests against police brutality and SARS.
While Lagos, Edo and Abuja Sars protest are said be peaceful so far, Nigerian police in Owerri Imo State has turned Imo State SARs protest to violent.
A viral video has shown moment a DPO of Orji Police Station, Obinna Obi, punched a peaceful protester.
The youths asked the police man why he punched the young protester, the DPO brought out his pistol to shoot all of them .
The sad video has been making ground on social media, as Nigerians calls for the immediate arrest of the police man.
Watch video below;
Let it be put under record that Officer Obioma O. Obi of the @PoliceNG assaulted and pulled a loaded weapon on peaceful protesters in Owerri.#EndSars #EndSARSBrutality #EndSarsProtestspic.twitter.com/4GnOZ1sm6b
— Tùka 🔴 (@TukaLetura) October 8, 2020
Reacting to the shocking video, the complaint unit of the Nigeria Police Force wrote;
Your complaints have been forwarded to the appropriate authority for necessary action. Thank you.
Your complaints have been forwarded to the appropriate authority for necessary action. Thank you. https://t.co/EI5juyhj7D
— POLICE COMPLAINT (@PoliceNG_CRU) October 8, 2020
- ‘You Have No Right To Protest’ – Policemen Assault Young Nigerians Protesting Against Increased Electricity Tariff (Videos)
- SARS: Police Assault And Disperse Protesters in Lagos
- #EndSARS: Moment Police Officers Allegedly Opened Fire On Protesters at Olowu of Owu’s Palace (Video)
- “Go Back Home, We Don’t Want To Kill You’ – Soldiers Appeals To #EndSARS Protesters
- End Sars: “The problem is not ending SARS” – Naira Marley speaks out in new video