Protesters in Lagos
Some men of the Nigeria Police Force have attacked youths protesting against the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, unit of the Force.
While dispersing the youths, some were also reportedly assaulted.
According to TheNation, the youths protesting at Lekki tollgate, opposite Oriental Hotels in Lagos State were calling for the scrap of SARS due to their brutality and alleged unconstitutional activities.
Police officers who were on ground dispersed the protesters while seizing their placards and assaulting some of them.
SARS had come under intense criticism lately due to their assault on innocent Nigerians under the guise of enforcing the law.
Despite the public outcry against the activities of SARS, the Force had insisted that its unit will not be dissolved.
The Force, however, said SARS would be restructured for better performance.
- #EndSARS: Mothers Hit The Streets Of Lagos To Protest Against SARS Brutality (Video)
- UPDATE: Falz, Runtown Lead #EndSARS Protest In Lagos (Photos)
- “This is where their frustration starts from; they’re paid rubbish” – Nigerians react after discovering alleged salary of Nigerian police officers
- Three-day #ENDSARS Protest Commences In Lagos (Photos)
- #EndSars: Police to investigate DPO who brought out his pistol to shoot protesters in Owerri