Last night there was a massacre at the Lekki Toll Plaza, with many innocent Nigerians shot and killed by security agents.
They were peacefully protesting against police brutality when they were attacked by the armed forces.
The Nigerian Army has denied any involvement in the killings, but one name has been pinned down as the culprit by many Nigerians.
Taking to social media, many Nigerian claimed that Brig. Gen. Francis Omata, was the officer who led soldiers to the Toll Gate, killing some unarmed protesters and injuring 28 people, two critically.
DJ Switch who captured the shootings on an Instagram live video mentioned Brigadier-General Francis O. Omata as the presiding officer who gave the shooting order.
Many Nigerians are wondering who he is and below are the few things we know about him;
“Brig. Gen. F.O Omata is the commander in charge at the Lekki toll gate,” @LauraofLagos stated.
Francis Omata was promoted to the position of Brigadier General on the 11th of November, 2019.
He was a member of the Special Task Force Operation SAFE HAVEN;
Omata is now the Training officer of 81 Division Headquarters, Lagos.
He studied at Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, Nigeria. He also attended Federal Government College in Okigwe, Imo state.
- Lekki toll-gate shooting: “No backing down, you have to kill us all” – Paul Okoye reacts to Lekki killings
- #EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu Called Me To Say Col. Bello Was Shooting At Lekki – Gen. Tells Lagos Panel
- Mother of Anthony, one of the victims of Lekki Massacre speaks (video)
- The Governor keeps coming up with several stories – Former Kogi governorship candidate, Natasha Akpoti speaks on Lekki Toll Gate shooting
- EKEDC – We didn’t switch off power at Lekki toll gate