A security council meeting is currently holding at the Council Chamber in Abuja with President Muhammadu Buhari presiding.
According to Punch, the meeting which started at about 11 am is holding amidst violence in parts of the country.
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo; National Security Adviser, Major General Babagana Monguno (retd.); Chief of Defence Staff, General Gabriel Olonisakin; the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai; Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok Ekwe Ibas, and the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar are among those in attendance.
Also present are the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu; Director-General of the Department of State Services, Yusuf Bichi; and Director-General, National Intelligence Agency, Ahmed Rufa’i.
- Insecurity: Buhari In Marathon Meeting With North-East Governors, Security Chiefs
- Only Buhari can sack Service Chiefs, Presidency replies Senate
- SGF Officially Announces Gambari As New Chief Of Staff To Buhari
- Sadiya Farouq: Minister of Humanitarian Affairs marries Chief of Air Staff – Report
- Photo: Buhari Formally Swears In Gambari As His CoS