Access Bank froze the accounts of its customers linked to the EndSARS protest due to an order given to them from the Central Bank of Nigeria.
The management of Access Bank said they only obeyed the order from the Central Bank of Nigeria based on a valid court order.
They however, sympathized with the affected customers, adding that it hoped the matter would be resolved “as soon as possible.”
But Nigerians neglected their reason for freezing the affected people accounts and have started closing down their Access Bank accounts.
In the section of the form where they are to state the reason for closing their bank account, the hashtag EndSARS and ENDBADGOVERNMENT was written there.
See photos below:
- Nigerians call out Access Bank on Twitter over incessant deductions being made on their account
- Challenge CBN’s Freezing Of Your Accounts In Court – Lagos Attorney General To #EndSARS Frontliners
- “These guys keep making daft moves”- Falz reacts to CBN’s court order to freeze Bank accounts of #EndSARS protesters
- #EndSARS: “My offence was giving medical assistance to people during the protest” – Pharmacist makes demand to CBN governor to unfreeze his account
- 22-Years-Old Nigerian Yahoo Boy Jailed In U.S. For ATM Fraud