Armed robbers and armed cultists have reportedly taken over many communities in Yenagoa, the Bayelsa State capital.
This is coming as police operatives have reportedly abandoned their various duty posts across the state capital.
Lately, many residents of the state capital have suffered hoodlums’ attacks as robbers and cultists armed with axes, cutlasses and guns invade their houses on a daily basis, The Nation reports.
It was learnt that virtually all parts of Yenagoa metropolis are affected by the nefarious activities of the hoodlums who unleash mayhem on the helpless residents with impunity.
While cult groups engaged in violent raids of popular Swali market and some residents of Amarata, Tombia, Obele, Onopa, Biogbolo, Ekeki, Tombia, Agudama, among other areas, armed robbers use commercial tricycle, popularly known as Keke NAPEP to raid residents at night along major roads in the state capital.
Though the Bayelsa capital did not witness violence compared to Lagos and some other states, it was gathered that many officers and men of the police have dumped their duty posts in the aftermath of the #EndSARS protests that rocked the country.
The state-owned security outfit, Operation Doo Akpo, that was gifted some security vehicles under Dickson are conspicuously missing on the streets of Yenagoa compounding the woes of residents who have nowhere to run to.
- Shocker! Gunmen Storm Church At Night, Kill Husband And Wife, 2 Others, Burn Cars In Bayelsa
- Gbagada residents under attack by armed robbers
- Tragedy As Armed Robbers Kill Man After He Finished Withdrawing N446,000 In Ibadan
- Faces Of Two Soldiers Among The 7-Man Robbery Gang That Attacked Bullion Van in Ebonyi (Photo)
- “We won’t allow any protest in Lagos” – Police sends out warning