Supreme Court Set To Remove Governor Hope Uzodinma.
The Supreme Court will today, Monday, January 11, 2021 rule on the removal of Senator Hope Uzodinma as Imo governor.
Gistlover understands that the suit was instituted by Philip Umeadi (SAN), against Uzodinma.
Umeadi is seeking the Supreme Court to interpret its earlier judgment, concerning the Imo State governorship election, which the apex court pronounced Uche Nwosu as the rightful candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC), among others.
The Supreme Court is now set to hear the long-awaited case for the first time today, January 11.
Should the Supreme Court uphold the judgment on Uche Nwosu as the authentic APC candidate for the Imo 2019 governorship election, Uzodinma may find himself out of office.
The Governor, who came third in the Imo Governorship election had emerged governor after the Apex court dismissed the victory of Hon. Emeka Ihedioha of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).
However, failure to uphold the Supreme Court verdict against Uche Nwosu, could result in controversy in Nigeria’s judicial system.
- Governorship Aspirant, Natasha Akpoti Applauds US Decision To Issue Visa Ban On Individuals Who Rigged Kogi Election
- Appeal Court Reverses Diri’s Sack As Bayelsa Governor
- “You Lack Knowledge Of What APC Stands For” -Former Buhari’s Aide, Kawu Sumaila Blasts Governor Uzodinma
- Osagie Ize-Iyamu emerges Edo APC governorship candidate
- Orji Uzor Kalu’s Release, A Technical Ambush – EFCC