Former governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi has stated that the country is not working because people are not employed on grounds of merit but rather they are employed based on sentiments.
Obi stated this while commissioning a road project in Rivers state today January 13.
“The reason Nigeria is not working today is that people have been recruited based on sentiments. If we have to recruit you to be local government chairman, governor, vice president, president, and minister, it must be based on capacity and competence, which are viable not what we are doing now and the country is collapsing” he said
- BREAKING: Police seal APC National Secretariat
- “Osinbajo Is Chairman Of Short People Association of Nigeria” – El-Rufai
- Chinese Doctors Have Began Working At Our Isolation Centres – Lai Mohammed
- We are against hike in electricity tariffs – National Assembly
- APC Governor Swears In PDP Candidate As Council Chairman