A man identified as Isaac Evaghoghome has been arraigned by a High Court sitting in Calabar, Cross River State capital for having carnal knowledge of a 6-year-old girl.
Evaghoghome was sentenced to 7 years and 6 months imprisonment with no option of fine by Justice E. E Ita, on Thursday, February 11, 2021.
Isaac Evaghoghome pleaded guilty to the charge of rape of the minor (6 years at the time of the incident)
Reacting to the judgement on Friday, Barr. James Ibor, head of Basic Rights Counsel Initiative (BRCI) said he was pleased with the ruling.
“ANOTHER WIN. Isaac Evaghoghome who pleaded guilty to the Charge of rape of a child (6 years at time of incident) was sentenced to a term of 7 years and 6 months with no option of fine. We appreciate the efforts of Basic Rights Counsel Initiative Legal team, Staff and Volunteers, Cross River State Ministry of Justice and the Commissioner of Police” he stated.
- Photo Of Nigerian Man Sentenced to 22 Years In Prison for Raping His 14-year-old Daughter
- Former Exxon Mobil Engineer Bags 15 Years In Jail For R*ping His Tenant’s 14-Year-Old Niece
- Yahoo Yahoo Boy And Binomo Trader Jailed In Kaduna (Photo)
- Man who raped 11-year-old girl sentenced to 25 years in prison in Abeokuta
- Man who uses his wife’s gown to impersonate lawyers bags three year jail sentence