Referee and other match officials beaten mercilessly by angry fans
Angry fans have descended heavily on a referee and his match officials after a match.
According to Starr FM, a team of Ghanaian referees were beaten by angry fans in the Division One League match-week 14 game on Sunday afternoon, March 28.
The incident occurred after Wanamafo Mighty Royals’ game with Bofoakwa Tano ended in a goalless draw.
The report said fans of the home team took to the field after the final whistle and assaulted the match officials resulting in center referee Niatire Suntuo Aziz losing some of his teeth.
The home fans were not satisfied with the performance of the referee and decided to descend on them mercilessly.
- Moment referee collapses on the pitch during Africa Cup of Nations qualifier between Ivory Coast and Ethiopia (video)
- Lionel Messi shown first red card of Barcelona career after punching opponent as Athletic Bilbao beat Barcelona 3-2 to win Super Cup final
- Lady Disgraced Publicly After Allegedly Stealing iPhone 12 (Photo)
- Man Badly Beaten After Being Caught R*ping A 6-Year-Old Girl Inside Church In Benue (Photos)
- Coronavirus: Football Team Loses 37-0 In Socially Distanced Match