Mixed reactions has trailed reports about the President Muhammadu Buhari traveling out of the country to seek medical attention as part of his routine check-ups in the UK.
The spokesperson to the President, Garba Shehu made this announcement via his Twitter handle and revealed that President Buhari will be away for about two weeks as he will make his return to Nigeria in in the second week of April.
“President Muhammadu Buhari proceeds to London, the United Kingdom, Tuesday March 30, 2021, for a routine medical check-up.
The President meets with Security Chiefs first in the morning, after which he embarks on the journey. He is due back in the country during the second week of April, 2021,” he wrote via Twitter.
Whilst this announcement raised concerns about the health state and well-being of the leader, others cared less about his presence or absence as they claim his absence will make no impact on the economy or lives of the citizenry.
See some reactions below:
- Buhari To Visit United Kingdom For Medical Check-up
- Reno Omokri and other Nigerians protest at Abuja house where President Buhari is lodging in the UK (video)
- Service Chiefs sacked by Buhari- See newly ones appointed
- Buhari’s Medical Trip For Alleged Back Pain Is A Total Waste Of Taxpayers Money – Uche Maduagwu Says
- ‘Maybe Jack couldn’t get SIM card in Nigeria’ — Reactions to Twitter’s choice of Ghana as Africa HQ