According to Yahoo News, an elderly woman has died in a Queensland nursing home hours after she reportedly received her first coronavirus vaccine in Australia.
Queensland Police confirmed the 82-year-old woman died on Wednesday and that her death was not being treated as suspicious.
The woman was living at the Yurana aged care facility in Springwood in southeast Queensland and received her vaccine around 10am today, the Courier Mail reported.
It is not yet clear if the woman’s death was linked to the vaccine as she had a range of other health issues, including lung disease.
A police spokesperson told Yahoo News Australia a report will be prepared for the coroner.
Blue Care has been contacted for comment.
- Horror! Woman Falls And Gets Trapped On Escalator At Shopping Centre (Photos)
- 75-year-old Man Dies Two Hours After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine
- Shocked Sister Calls Police After She Woke Up To Find Her Brother’s Huge Organ In Her Mouth
- Pregnant woman in labour dies after allegedly being delayed by policemen for not wearing face mask in Ogun State
- Portuguese woman dies two days after getting the Pfizer COVID vaccine as her father demands answers