The Lagos State Government has denied that it seized N25 million donated to amputee sachet water hawker, Mary Daniel.
Reacting on Thursday, the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Gbenga Omotoso said reports on social media that government seized the money donated to her were untrue.
Omotoso, who spoke while answering questions on Star FM Thursday morning stated that government had no plan to deny Daniel of her N25 million donation.
According to him, what government did was to ensure that she was not molested and safe to do whatever she intended to do with the money raised for her.
The commissioner added that Daniel was free to set up her dream supermarket store in Lagos State since it was in the state fortune smiled on her.
He said that was a confirmation Lagos State is a land of hope and opportunities.
Reports on Wednesday suggested that the state government has seized her N25 million.
- LASG Debunks Claim That An #EndSARS Protester Was Killed By Police In Surulere
- 30 #RevolutionNow protesters arrested in Lagos
- Dangote Cement donates 35 security cars to Lagos State Government (Photos)
- Mary Daniel: Amputee hawker apologizes to Nigerians for lying
- Names Of National Population Commissioner-Nominees Confirmed By Senate