IYABO OJO, one of the most popular Nigerian actresses has vowed to resist any attempt to release actor Baba Ijesha. The actor was recently arrested for allegedly molesting the foster daughter of comedienne, Princess, seven years ago.
In a video posted on Wednesday, April 28, Princess recounted how the actor allegedly molested the victim. According to her, Baba Ijesha was “caught on CCTV attempting to molest her again.”
Actress Iyabo Ojo who has been very vocal about the case has vowed to resist any attempt to release the accused actor. A police source in an interview with Punch said there is an order to release the actor as the courts are currently on strike and it would be against his fundamental human rights to continue keeping him in custody without trial.
The police source also added that the CCTV showed that the actor did not defile the victim. According to the source, it is a case of indecent assault and not sexual harassment, and it is open to bail.
Reacting to this development, Iyabo in a video posted on her IG page, said
”This live video is for the people in charge of this case. We are going to say no to molestation and yes I stand to use one of my own as a scape goat. If they release Baba Ijesha, we are going to rearrest him and this will no longer be a state thing, it will now become Federal.”
- Iyabo Ojo, Princess and others protest at Panti Police Station against the release of Baba Ijesha
- Alleged R*pe: ‘Baba Ijesha Must Go Down’ – Actress, Foluke Daramola Says
- Comedian Princess says : “ Baba Ijesha licked my daughter’s ears, pressed her breasts”
- “Baba Ijesha’s alleged crime is bailable” – Lagos Commissioner for Police
- “I Will Lead A Protest For The Arrest Of Princess And Other Adults Involved In The CCTV” – Yomi Fabiyi