Tragedy As Suspected Drunk Driver Kills One In Anambra
A tragic accident claimed the life of a middle-aged man and others were injured at Aguata, Anambra State.
The man died after a suspected drunk driver lost control and rammed into another vehicle.
Mr Andrew Kumapayi, FRSC Sector Commander, who confirmed the incident, said the crash involved an unidentified driver of a Toyota Hiace bus with registration number ENU544YA and an unidentified driver of the Mitsubishi L300 bus with registration number JJT677JT.
An eyewitness told NAN that the Mitsubishi bus driver, who was suspected to be drunk lost control of his vehicle, left his lane and collided with the Hiace bus.
Kumapayi also confirmed that thirteen persons were involved in the crash, but twelve persons sustained injuries and were rushed to Apex hospital Igbo Ukwu.
He said the body of the male adult who died has been deposited at the morgue.
The sector commander warned drivers to desist from driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Speeding Driver Kills Himself And Pedestrian In A Lone Accident, Others Injured
- Horror! Six Die As Speeding Luxury Bus Crashes Into Passenger Buses (Photo)
- Man dies after falling off vehicle in Anambra
- Truck kills four, injure six attending burial in Anambra
- Suspected Human Trafficker Arrested In Anambra, 5 Female Victims Rescued