Former Governor of Lagos state, Bola Tinubu has told those clamouring for secession to jettison the idea as Nigeria is better together.
Speaking at the Special Ramadan Prayer, “Tafsir” Lecture, held at the Lagos House, Marina, on Sunday May 2, Tinubu said Nigeria seperating is not acceptable as disintegration could push the country into becoming another Iraq or Sudan.
“For clamouring for war, God will not allow Nigeria to experience it. If we say Nigeria should separate, people should remember what war caused in Sudan and Iraq. Such war does not end in time. We are yet to recover from the civil war.
“We are better together. I have nowhere I am going. Whoever has experienced war in the past will not pray for such. Nigeria will not separate; it’s not acceptable to us. Our prayer is for prosperity and more wealth for the country.”
- “A Northerner Will Win 2023 Presidential Election” – Prophet Ayodele Releases Troubling 2021 Prophecies
- 2023: Buhari Should Run Again As President Instead of Tinubu – Pastor Attacks Jagaban of Lagos
- I did not runaway, but those causalities from Lekki shooting must answer some question too – Bola Tinubu
- Photos Of Police Officers Patrolling Lagos State After Days Of Unrest
- Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won’t Chicken Out Like Ambode – Charles Idahosa Warns Oshiomhole