A Nigerian identified as Okeke Linus Okechikwe has been arrested in India with MDMA, a drug popularly known as Ecstasy.
The accused was arrested by officials of the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) on Wednesday, May 12, from Vasai, Mumbai.
He was said to be allegedly involved in the trafficking of MDMA, which is banned under the NDPS Act.
According to the NCB, a tip off was received that the Nigerian man is involved in the smuggling of banned drugs.
Accordingly, officials laid a trap and apprehended the accused. They also seized tablets of Ecstasy/MDMA found in his possession.
The Nigerian national is said to be married to an Indian woman.
- Suspected Nigerian Peddler Arrested With Drugs Worth Over N10m In India
- Two Nigerians Arrested In India With Drugs Worth Over N7m
- Nigerian Man Arrested With White Girlfriend For Cocaine Dealing In Thailand (Photo)
- Photo Of Two More Nigerian Nationals Arrested For Illegal Stay In India
- Nigerian man arrested for romance scam in India