Reports have shown that there is currently confusion in the Oshodi area of Lagos as some soldiers go on the rampage, vandalising vehicles.
Videos posted on social media by some residents revealed the moments panic-stricken traders try to hide, as others take to their heels.
Pictures of vandalised vehicles were also posted on Twitter by some commuters.
Although the cause of the crisis is yet to be ascertained, some claimed that a military officer was killed the previous day in the area.
The rampaging soldiers were also said to be targeting hoodlums.
How person go reach work laidis… Oshodi is hot pic.twitter.com/Qprb1hWi7O
— Adeola of lagos (@_that_blackgirl) May 20, 2021
The state Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, said he was awaiting a report on the incident from the Divisional Police Officer in charge of the area.
He promised to react after getting the feedback.
- “You Want To Ban Okada And Keke Napep But You Cannot Ban Thugs In Oshodi” – Uche Maduagwu Tells Gov SanwoOlu
- BREAKING: Lagos Residents Boo Police Inspector General During Visit (Video)
- BREAKING: Police Surround Gani Fawehinmi Park, Venue Of Lagos #June12 Protest
- Police Officer Who Shot Girlfriend In The Mouth Dismissed And Prosecuted For Attempted Murder
- Police officers in Lagos state praised for rejecting N500,000 bribe from suspects (photos)