Two persons have been feared dead following a gas explosion which occurred at Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL) in Abeokuta, Ogun State.
Vanguard reported that it occurred around 11am at the Marque event centre within the Presidential Library when technicians were topping up gas into the air conditioner (AC).
It was further learnt that at the moment, security guards at the gate are turning people back. Only the truck of the State Fire Service and some officials were allowed into the premises.
“Two people have already been confirmed dead, ” a worker at OOPL told Daily Trust, as the two gates leading into OOPL were shut when their correspondent visited.
Security guards at the gate turned visitors back, as only the truck of the State Fire Service and some officials were allowed into the premises.
Last Wednesday, three persons, including an infant, were burnt to death in a gas explosion that occurred in Oke-Egunyan, along NTA Road in Abeokuta. A technician was topping up the gas of a faulty refrigerator when the incident occurred.
Barely 24 hours after the incident, another gas explosion occurred on Mercy Road, Panseke, Abeokuta, where a technician, Sanya Shonde, was injured, leading to the amputation of his leg.
- Obasanjo Library Management Confirms Explosion, Death At Facility, Calls For Investigation
- 4 Killed As Explosion Rocks Ex-Governor, Gbenga Daniel’s Hotel
- Over 100 Houses Destroyed, Scores Killed In Benue Tanker Fire
- Ebonyi Explosion: Tell Nigerians The Truth – PDP Tells Police
- Three Members Of A Family Crushed To Death In Ondo (Photos)