The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is grilling a father, Isa Bola Bakare, and his son, Malik Giles Bakare, over alleged conspiracy on computer-related fraud.
They were apprehended for allegedly obtaining money by false pretence and retention of proceeds of unlawful activities.
Malik was arrested by officers of the Nigeria Police, Force CID, Alagbon in Lagos on May 31, 2021, and handed over to the EFCC.
In a statement on Wednesday, EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren, said Malik acted as a “middleman”. “He connects internet fraudsters around the globe with pickers, and receives some percentage on every successful transaction”, it read. During preliminary investigation, the father appeared at the EFCC to claim the N46 million Range Rover SUV recovered from Malik.
Uwujaren said the Bola was arrested after he failed to provide a satisfactory explanation of how he acquired it. Items seized from the suspects include the vehicle, an iPhone 12 Pro Max, an iPhone 8 and “some incriminating items”.
- EFCC Swings Into Action, Arrests 21 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos (Photo)
- Yahoo Boys Kidnaps Female Herbalist In Delta
- EFCC Arrests Nigerian Lady For Internet Fraud Shortly After Welcoming New Month With ‘Stunning’ Photos
- Photos And Names Of 32 Suspected Yahoo Yahoo Boys Arrested By EFCC In Lagos
- Drama As EFCC Burst ‘Yahoo Yahoo’ Academy In Abuja, Arrests 10 Students (Photo)