Afrobeat singer Wizkid, is currently getting dragged online for promoting his MIL docuseries following the June 12 protest.
Nigerians across the country protested for a better Nigeria today, June 12th designated for Democracy Day celebration.
However, Wizkid took to Twitter to announce the release of his MIL docuseries today despite the trending #June12protest hashtag across Nigerian Twitter.
Sharing snippet of the documentary, he tweeted;
“#ASuperstarMadeInLagos docuseries now out! Shout out @youtube,”
His tweet received series of backlash from social media users who called him a hypocrite for promoting his documentary.
They accused and reminded Wizkid of how he insulted and called his fellow singer Reekado Bank an “animal” after he promoted his song during the EndSARS protest.
See some of the reactions from tweeps.
- Die Hard Fan Dedicates His Newborn Baby To Wizkid, Social Media Reacts
- “Leave Etinosa she’s not in your category don’t be smart and stupid at the same time” – James Brown slams Victoria Inyama
- “My Girlfriend Stabbed My Cook For Cooking For Me” – Reekado Banks Reveals
- “Had no manger, no team, for 2 years” – Wizkid signee Terri laments
- There is only one king – Burna Boy’s PA shades Wizkid, slams singer’s fans for badmouthing his boss (photo)